Flat Rate Repair Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why did Teledyne API switch from quoting each repair to a flat rate repair?
rolled out our Flat Rate repair program for Industrial and Environmental Gas
products effective 22 May 2019 and 01 October 2019, respectively. The Flat Rate
repair program eliminates the time consuming back and forth process of getting
repair evaluations performed, estimates provided, and purchasing approved,
resulting in significantly increased turnaround times.
Q: What do I get for the flat rate repair?
A: A flat rate repair includes the following:
- Visual inspection when the unit arrives
- Leak Check
- Evaluation to verify and troubleshoot the problem
- Replacement parts - only authentic Teledyne parts are used for the repair
- Repair of the issue
- Full preventative maintenance is performed to ensure long-lasting reliable performance
- Factory testing to ensure the instrument passes all tests
- Calibration Certificate, if applicable
- Clean up
- Service report which includes verification of the issue, the work performed to correct the issues, parts used for the repair, factory test results, and any other observations
Q: Does the flat rate cover any repair?
the flat rate does not cover failures of the product due to negligent use,
improper installation (i.e. water damage), or other failure caused by factors
outside of the instrument. In these situations, you will be notified with
options for the return of the product, disposal of the product, estimate for
the repair, or quote for replacement.
Q: What are the flat rates?
Contact Teledyne API at API-Repairs@teledyne.com or call us at +1 858-657-9800.
Q: How are the repair rates set?
flat repair rates are based on the analysis of a 5-year average of all repairs
for a given product or series of products. The result is a streamlined and
predictable pricing structure, improving the repair process and turnaround
time. This is not an effort by
Teledyne API to increase pricing.
Q: Can I still get an estimate for my repair before deciding to go through with the repair?
we now only offer flat rate repair for the models that are included. If a flat
rate has not been established, then we will provide an estimate for the repair
of that model only.
Q: Is there an expedite option to get my repair returned more quickly?
depending on the volume of work in the repair shop. If you are interested in the expedite option, please contact Teledyne API at API-Repairs@teledyne.com or call us at +1 858-657-9800.